With the complexity of antibody drug conjugates and their production, the industry is at an interesting intersection when it comes to their production and disposal. Among the things that make these drugs extremely complex include hormones, biological toxins. Other challenges presented by author Rader of ADCs include:
- - Combining and balancing optimal MAb specificity
- - Handling MAb-linker-drug binding chemistries
- - Controlling intracellular toxin release
- - Preventing premature toxin release
- - Manufacturing with concerns for worker safety and environmental release
How are companies overcoming these challenges? Read the full article at BioProcess International.
The challenge of ADC development will be extensively covered at Biopharmaceutical Development and Production Week this March. Robert Lutz, Ph.D., Vice President of Translational Research & Development at ImmunoGen will present Clinical Development of ADCs - How are We Doing?, coverign many of the challenges of the production of ADCs. As a reader of this blog, if you'd like to learn more from Lutz and about ADCs, you can save 20% off the standard rate when you register to join us with priority code XB15155BLOGJP.
Share this article with your social network, just click below to share now!